Strawberry Fruitti Cake (30 August 2010)




Cakes For Sharing

Going to meet 2 of my buddies for dinner this evening, hence I went to buy flour after work & baked 2 small pans of strawberry fruitti cakes last night. One for each buddy ^_^

Actually my planning is to bake 3 small pans of fruitti cakes, 1 cake for my cousin's family but I underestimated the amount of batter. The batter is only enough for 2 small pans. So I shall bake for my cousin's family next time. Note: JX, I will bake this fruitti cake for your family soon! ^_^

I learnt from my mistakes & for this 2nd attempt, the cake is nicer with no "bleeding" from the strawberries & the appearance is definitely much nicer as compared to the 1st attempt. When my hubby saw these fruitti cakes, he commented that this time round, the strawberries never "cry".. Haha..

I made some mistakes for this attempt as well.. I should have put more strawberries! I scared if I put too many strawberries, it will turn out too messy but now I ended up with "stingy" amount of strawberries for both cakes.. The strawberry aroma is not so strong this time round as well.. Sigh..

Hopefully these cakes will be soft & moist as my 1st attempt. As I am using small pans this time round, I need to estimate the baking time again. Initially I thought the baking time will be short since much smaller pans are used.. but I'm wrong! The batter for this recipe is too "thick", hence unlike sponge cake, longer baking time is still required, even for small pans. Please pardon the holes on the cakes as I poked it quite a few times to test if the cakes are well-baked.. Haha ;p

Freshly baked cakes out from the oven (without icing sugar):

Fruitti cakes decorated with icing sugar:

Fruitti cakes nicely packed for delivery:
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...