Orange Angel Cake (13 Jan 2012)




Orange Angel Cake

For the past years, I'm always headache with the leftover egg whites after baking the pineapple tarts. I'll either cook them or just throw them away :p

This year, I told myself I MUST bake something with the egg whites! As my hubby & I are not a big fan of macaroon, it is out of my baking list. In the end, I decided to bake an angel cake. This kind of cake used a lot of egg whites, a little flour & quite a fair bit of sugar but as usual, I reduced the amount sugar. No butter & no oil!


Since CNY is just near the corner, I modified the recipe & baked an orange flavour angel cake. A high protein & low cholesterol healthy cake.

My hubby & I have a slice each after dinner just now ^_^ The texture of this cake is very different from normal sponge cake, don't know how to discuss the texture.






















No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...