Blueberry Cheese Bars (21 Aug 10)




My Soft Spot For These Cheese Bars

This is the 1st time I baked cream cheese & it is also my 1st time to eat fresh blueberries! I am surprised that I am so tempted to try out the recipe the moment I saw it from the recipe book.
I am excited over the making of the crust because from the description, I realized that rubbing-in method is used! I haven't touch on this method for so many many years but I never forget this method.. the last time I did was during my home economic lesson in Secondary One! Seriously I am happy to have the chance to practise on this method all over again ^_^ 

In fact, I do not know how to gauge if the baked cheesecake has set or not. The recipe book did not give clear instruction. Hence I have to estimate the baking time on my own again. 

Although the recipe named this blueberry cheesecake bars but to me, it is not really consider a cake. The baked crust is more like biscuit as it taste buttery. Hence I named it blueberry cheese bars instead. I used good quality butter & it gives a very nice buttery taste. I like the cheese texture too. I find the baked version for cheesecake is more filling than non-bake version due to eggs involved. As usual, I have slightly motified the recipe & have reduced the amount of sugar for the sweetness within my comfortable zone.

Will be sharing these mini blueberry cheese bars with my families, relatives, friends & colleagues ^_^

My freshly baked blueberry cheese bars today. Total 77 mini bars ^_^



My niece & nephews simply love these mini blueberry cheese bars! They can't stop eating one after another! Overall feedbacks from the adults are good too.. I believe these mini cheese bars will be a great hit during party! ^_^

For the adults, some commented the buttery crust goes well with the cheese filling, they love this dessert.. Some commented that the crust is too buttery but some said it's nice.. Some commented the amount of cheese is just nice, some commented too cheezy & some said the cheese taste is not strong enough.. Some don't like blueberries (they refer other fruits) but some request for more blueberries.. So it is really up to individual's taste bug. But I got one common feedback I received from everyone.. the sweetness is just nice! I always received the same feedback on the sweetness for all my pastries & desserts ^_^

Personally I'm satisfied with this dessert.. or should I say I love my motified cheese bars recipe.. I love the combination of the buttery crust & the amount of cheese filling for these cheese bars! My hubby & I ate quite a few pieces each.. both of us simply love this dessert! I am actually craving for more of these cheese bars.. definitely I will be making another batch real soon! ^_^

Hmmm.. I think next time I will bake a batch using a less buttery taste butter for the crust as well & see if it will be nice too.

2 comments:

jex said...

thanks for the bars... very nice :)

Adeline Tan said...

jx, if you like the cheese bars, I will bake some more for you next time! Let me know your preferred fruit & I will add accordingly ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...