Pineapple Tarts (16 Jan 09 / 21 Jan 09)



Pineapple Tarts (16 January 2009)

My 1st attempt on pineapple tarts based on the recipe book I purchased recently..

Actually wanted to sign up for pineapple tart baking course to learn from professional baker but all fully booked. So no choice, went to buy a recipe book to try out on my own..

Freshly baked pastry is crispy, like biscuits. The pastry gets softer after a few days and it is nicer & the smell is richer..

Made 3 containers of pineapple tarts. One for my parents & family, one for my mom-in-law and one for my hubby & myself to share.

My dad wanted to keep it till Chinese Lunar New Year but as this is home-baked pineapple tarts, I scared they will turn bad if keep for too long. So we shared them among my family members on sunday during our family gathering ^_^

My mom-in-law wanted to keep till CNY too.. she didn't want to eat it yet and don't allow my sis-in-law to try till CNY. My hubby told her to eat them soon before they turned bad (then my effort will be wasted). Best eaten when it is still fresh! Hope she will start to eat them soon..

My hubby & brothers commented that I am too generous with the pineapple filling. They want me to reduce the filling for my next batch of pineapple tarts. But I prefer generous filling.. still considering their suggestion..

My 3rd sister-in-law like my pineapple tarts.. she gave me a lot of 'face' by eating quite a few pieces. Hee.. In fact, she almost finished the whole bottle of pineapple tarts! ^_^

Overall, the feedbacks for this batch of pineapple tarts from my family is not bad. I gave the extra tarts for my mom-in-law to try (before she started eating her bottle of pineapple tarts) and her feedback is also not bad. My hubby also like this home-baked pineapple tarts. All gave me a lot of encouragement.

As for myself, I am satisfied with these pineaple tarts too..
I am not a pineapple tarts lover. So far I only love the closed type pineapple tarts from Smiling Orchids. It is super yummy but they no longer sell closed type pineapple tarts : ( So sad..

Anyway, I have added 1 more brand to my list - Adeline's pineapple tarts.. hahah.. I love to eat these pineapple tarts which are baked by myself because they are baked with love mah ^_^

Pineapple tarts before baking - ready to be placed in the oven for their sauna session!


Freshly baked pineapple tarts, placed on the cooling rack.




Getting ready to be packed into the containers after the cooling period ^_^


Pineapple tarts are nicely arranged into 3 containers - 1 for my parents, 1 for my mom-in-law & 1 for my own home ^_^




Haha.. the nicely packed pineapple tarts look nice right?
My mom & hubby commented that the pineapple tarts look nice.. like those selling in stores..

My hubby says he is very proud of me ^_^



Pineapple Tarts (21 January 2009)

My 2nd batch of pineapple tarts. Since my parents & mom-in-law can't bear to finish the 1st batch of pineapple tarts that I have baked, I decided to bake another batch for them to keep for CNY.

Actually wanted to bake for all my siblings & sister-in-laws too but not enough pineapple fillings. So didn't manage to bake for all siblings & sister-in-laws this year. Only manage to bake 6 containers of pineapple tarts, so I gave 2 to my parents, 2 to my mom-in-law & 2 for my own home for CNY ^_^

My family has finished my 1st batch of pineapple tarts before CNY. As for my mom-in-law, she started to eat more of my 1st batch of pineapple tarts & more willing to share with my sister-in-laws after I passed her another 2 containers of pineapple tarts. My sister-in-laws commented that my pineapple tarts are nice.. Hee..

Pineapple tarts with lesser pineapple fillings. Took my hubby & brothers' advice to reduce the pineapple fillings.

But find the tarts don't look nice with less pineapple fillings.
My hubby also feel that the tarts look nicer with richer fillings.
Hence, only baked this tray of pineapple tarts with less fillings.

Pineapple tarts with rich pineapple fillings (same as 1st batch).

Pineapple tarts packed nicely in the containers. Those with the stickers on the containers are those with richer pineapple fillings. Without the stickers are those with less fillings. Easier to identify.

Pineapple tarts ready to be given to my parents & mom-in-law to share with our family members & relatives over CNY. And the pineapple tarts for my own home are to be shared with my hubby & friends over CNY! ^_^

My 4th sister-in-law ate my pineapple tarts instead of those expensive ones that she purchased from the well-known chinese restaurant for my parents for CNY.. So touched!!! ^_^

Well, definitely my pineapple tarts cannot compared to those professional ones. But if you don't set your expectation too high and willing to appreciate my efforts in the making of these tarts, then I think you will like my pineapple tarts bah ^_^

Happy Lunar New Year to everyone!!!

For my own reference only - I wanted to keep track of how long my pineapple tarts can be kept so that I know how early in advance to bake these tarts for CNY next year. Hopefully I have more time to explore and try out more CNY cookies next year. Okay, I left 1 piece of pineapple tarts in the container for testing & it is still not spoilt on 1 March (39 days since baked).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...