Longevity Durian Cake (03 Oct 09)



Happy Birthday To Our Dearest Daddy & Mommy

This Longevity durian cake is specially baked for our daddy & mommy's birthday!

My daddy helped me to buy the durian as I don't know how to choose good durian. I used up 3 big durians to make this small cake. Although expensive but the durians are really yummy with bitter & sweet taste.

I love the taste of the durian ganache that I have prepared! It is so light & yummy. I love it so much that I keep eating it while spreading on the cake. Ended up there is insufficient durian ganache to cover the cake & I have to make new batches of durian ganache for 3 times! Haha..

Each layer of sponge cake is spreaded with durian ganache, followed by generous smooth pure durian flesh (my sister has requested me to be real generous with the durian)! The whole cake is then decorated with durian ganache with the longevity wording. The nice aroma of this durian cake can really make you drool. Haha.. My mom-in-law couldn't resist the temptation of this durian cake when she saw it & she has made her order for similar durian cake in advance for her birthday next year! ^_^

I have no time to think of the cake design due to my busy work & personal schedules for the past weeks. Decorating this durian cake with fresh fruits is out as I do not want to spoil the durian taste with the fruits. So I just keep it simple by piping the longevity wording on the cake, which is definitely meaningful for our parents. Actually my hubby suggested me to add borders to the cake as it looks too plain. I fully agreed with him but I am really too tired to make more coloured cream for the borders ;p

Overall feedbacks from my family are good. But my hubby commented that I am over generous with the durian. However for durian lovers like my sis-in-law, she loves it! She said that the sweetness is just nice. I did not add any sugar to the durian flesh. All are natural sweetness & bitterness from the fruit. She ate 2 pieces of this cake.. made me so happy.. Hee..

This durian cake really made us very full as durian can be very filling! Luckily I only baked a small cake, where the size is just nice to share among all of us for tea break as we are heading for buffet dinner in the evening!



Close-up on the smooth rich durian flesh.

Ratings given by my family:
Daddy - 10/10
Mommy - 8/10
Hubby - 8/10
Eldest Brother - 10/10
Sister - 9.5/10
4th Brother - 8/10
4th Sis-in-law - 10/10 *****
Niece - 9.5/10

My lovely niece has helped me to take a video clip of the "interview" session where I interviewed everyone for their comments & ratings of this durian cake. The whole interview process is so fun and enjoyable as it is filled with endless laughters. A very well-taken video clip. Peiyi, you have did a great job! Thanks! The video clip is definitely a keeper! ^_^

In this world, nothing can be happier than to have a happy family, filled with love & care. I am fortunate to have such a loving family ^_^

Happy Birthday Daddy & Mommy!! We love the both of you so much!! Stay healthy & happy always ^_^

1 comment:

Par said...

Nice looking cake.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...