Mini Egg Tarts (29 Nov 08)



Mini Egg Tarts

Finally I have the time to bake again after stopping for 2 months due to my holiday trips! ^_^

As I will be busy with the Christmas cupcakes orders in the next few weeks due to the coming Christmas season, so I decided to bake mini egg tarts today as I have just purchased a baking book on tarts recently.

My niece & I have great fun baking these mini egg tarts. My hubby also joined in the fun at the later part of the baking session after he was done with his things. The whole process is tiring as we are using mini tart moulds.
Using bigger moulds will definitely shorten the baking session!

One of reason why I like to use mini tarts moulds is because I wanted to bake more tarts so that I can share them with my families. We have large families, so whenever I bake, I have to bake more, so that everyone can get to try the pastries. And I like mini pastries too.. cuter.. Heehee..


These mini egg tarts are easy for the young children to eat on their own using their cute small hands.. and for the adults, just pop the whole tart into the mouth.. no mess ^_^



Dough placed into moulds without custard filling:


Custard filling poured into tart crust, getting ready to be placed in the oven:


Freshly baked egg tarts!





Egg tart cut into half to view the custard filling.


For this attempt, it was a success for both the crust & custard filling! 3 of us are happy with the mini egg tarts, especially the custard filling. It is so tender and the taste is really yummy. Sweetness is just nice.

As for the crust, some of them are crispy but some are not. Think because we have made some of the crusts pretty thin.

We ate quite a few tarts while baking.. Haha.. But still enough to share with our families.

I did not add colouring to the egg custard as stated in the recipe. Hence the inner custard is more pale in colour (original custard colour). But the taste is still yummy! Hee..



Mini egg tarts packed in the tupperware and refrigerated, getting read to be given to our families the next day ^_^


My niece wanted to decorate the mini egg tarts with some decoration candies & chocolates. So, we have 4 x mini egg tarts in fanciful dressings ^_^


My youngest niece is a big fan of my mini egg tarts! She always ask me when am I going to bake some more mini egg tarts for her again whenever I told her I am going to bake new pastries. Haha.. She is only interested in these mini egg tarts ^_^

So far feedbacks from my families are not bad for this 1st attempt. My sister told me that my brother-in-law tried these mini egg tarts and he also commented that the taste is really not bad. Hee..

My hubby & sister-in-law also hope that I can bake these mini egg tarts again as they like it. And my hubby hope that I can bake more next time so that there will be more than enough to share among both families..

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...