Chocolate Ice-Cream Cake (18 Apr 09)



Especially For My Niece - Peiyi

I decided to make an ice-cream cake for my niece for her birthday celebration. My 1st attempt to try making ice-cream cake & I have to admit it is a failure as the quality of the ice-creams are not good. It started to "sweat" once it is taken out from the freezer @_@

So in the end I did not use this ice-cream cake for my niece's bithday celebration but last minute baked another cake for her. However I still share this ice-cream cake with my family as dessert.

I purchased 2 types of King's ice-cream flavours from the supermarket - Chocolate with chips & Vanilla with chocolate chips. I find that the King's ice-cream melted very easily once out of the fridge and so it is not suitable to use it to make ice-cream cake.

I made the cake base with cookies & cream biscuits, coated the ice-creams with chocolate ganache & decorate with fresh strawberries.

I like the chocolate ganache coating for this ice-cream cake as it is so smooth.




Actually I have been wanted to make my own ice-cream too as I have purchased an ice-cream recipe book few years back. But till now, I still haven't purchase a blender. Think if I finally found the right blender, I will try to make another round of ice-cream cake with the ice-cream I made ^_^

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...