2-Tier Princess Theme Tiara Cake (23 July 10)




It's Party Time For Joyce

This customer requested for a simple design 2-tier tiara cake (using rainbow sponge cakes) for her 4 years old daughter's birthday party.

This is what I have designed and presented to the parents after some plannings ^_^

This cake order is a big challenge to me! This is my 1st time getting order for a big round cake & moreover, a 2-tier cake! I couldn't find any big box for a 2-tier cake. Have been searching for one for days but in vain. Really greatful to my hubby who helped me DIY a big cake box for this cake. Actually I wanted to DIY a window opening for this DIY cake box for easy viewing during cake collection but my hubby said the box is too fragile to have a window opening due to the size.

I put in extra effort for this order by baking a few trials of big cakes before I started my baking session for this order. But this is in fact a good start for me as I do have another big cake order for August.

I sourced for the suitable tiara for a few days before I finally decided to settle with this one as this is the most beautiful & suitable princess tiara I have found. The tiara size is perfect for the top tier cake, not too big & not too small. The tiara is cleaned before placing it on the cake.

Fresh cream is use for the whole cake, including the rose pippings. I pipped roses of smaller size this time round for this cake as small roses are more suitable (for my sister's cake, big roses are pipped). I DIY the heart shape chocolate lollipop & pipe the birthday girl's name on it. This time I am happy with the wording pippings ^_^

During cake collection, I am so worried and nervous that my hands shivered so hard when I am presenting the cake to the parents! What a disgrace ;p

I am so happy when the parents saw this cake and said "Wow, it's so beautiful!" Totally relieved and I am really glad that they like my design ^_^

Happy Birthday, Joyce ^_^




















































































































Time for a good rest before my next bake @_@

Update on 08 Aug 2010

Glad to receive an email from WY on the 1st Aug 10 for her feedback for this cake. I'm really happy to hear that her guests were impressed with how beautiful the cake look and the rainbow sponge was a thriller to the children. Most important is how much they enjoyed the cake with its sweetness & texture just right.

WY, once again, thanks for this cake order. I am really glad that both your family & guests enjoyed this 2-tier cake ^_^

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...