NG Mini Egg Tart (21 June 2008)



Mini Egg Tart - NG Version

My hubby & my 1st attempt to bake mini egg tarts on 21 June 2008 based on the recipe I have in hand (found from one of the bloggers). We are so excited over it and happily bought all the necessary ingredients for the egg tart baking sesson. But I realized that the recipe is not complete, with some missing steps, when we are half way making the tart... ended up, the tart is not a successful attempt (as expected).

Actually the crust of the tart is nicely baked & the crust texture is nice. It is the egg custard that is a total failure. Most of the egg custard got absorbed by the crust during the baking process although the taste is nice.. After this bad experience, I will never refer to the recipes from bloggers again. Once bitten, twice shy.. Will refer to the recipe books in future as they won't be missing steps for sure.

My hubby wanted to bake another round of egg tarts but I am too busy with cupcakes & cakes recently. He is still waiting patiently for our next round of egg tart baking! ^_^

Will be searching for another egg tart recipe from recipe book & try out again soon.. but our next egg tart attempt will not be in mini size again. Will try out the normal size egg tart instead..

I am really very fortunate to have such a supportive hubby. It is always so enjoyable to spend our time together baking over the weekends ^_^

The attached photo is the mini tart baked by my hubby.. very nice, isn't it?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...