Mahjong 發 Tile Cake (30 May 09)



Happy Birthday To Valencia's Mother

Thanks to Valencia for ordering a cake from me for her mother's birthday. She requested for a small mango cake with Mahjong tile design, so I have been thinking of Mahjong tile design for a few days before deciding on this design. I have the actual Mahjong 發 tile beside me when I pipe the 發 on the cake (free hands). The cake is layered with fresh mangoes & whipped cream.

This is my 1st attempt to pipe the star designs all over a cake using whipped cream. So the initial pippings are not very well done. I encountered frustrated moments at the initial stage of piping as doing star piping using whipped cream is really not an easy task. I am still very inexperience with whipped cream. But I am quite satisfied with the piping design after I got the hang of it. Now I understand the tactic of handling whipped cream for piping. This is really a good experience for me ^_^

I purchased a bigger cake board as I planned to write a "Happy Birthday" wording on it instead of writing it on the cake itself as I don't want to spoil the mahjong tile design. Valencia requested me to write "生日快乐" instead of "Happy Birthday".

Hope they will enjoy this cake! Really keeping my fingers crossed! ^_^"


Recently, through reading up on cake information, I realized that those cakes selling in shops are added with a kind of preservative that will make the cake softer & last longer. For home baked cakes, this preservative is usually not added (unless the home baker wanted to) for a more healthy diet. Hence, home baked cakes will be soft but it will not get the same soft texture for the sponge cake as those commerical cakes.

3 comments:

tracy said...

huat ah!!! very nice!!! :D u never fail to delight me with ur creative and beautiful cakes designs hee.. great job!

Cheryl said...

Hi Adeline,

i was looking for majong tile design cakes for my friend's mum birthday and happen to come across your profile.

I nid the cake by this saturday so i hope to receive a reply from u asap =) thanks!

-Cheryl

Cheryl said...

Hi again i thought i wil just leave my email behind, angies_falling@hotmail.com =)Hope to hear from u soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...