2-Tier Arsenal Soccer Chocolate Cake (24 Sep 11)




It's Arsenal Time For Jia Hao 21st Birthday Party

2-Tier Arsenal Cake for my beloved nephew 21st Birthday Celebration.
Birthday boy requested for Arsenal theme chocolate cake and I started to brainstorm of the cake designs and sketched out my ideas on a piece of paper without much delay. 

I always like to challenge myself when it comes to baking. So this time round, I decided to bake & decorate a soccer ball sponge cake which matches the theme of the Arsenal theme cake.

2 weeks on the design plannings (including the Arsenal theme mini baked donuts) + sugarpaste making + searching for Arsenal logo & pictures before ordering for the edible sheets + purchasing for all ingredients. Baking & decorating this cake alone took me 3 days.

Everything on the cake are edible! Chocolate sponge cake with baileys (still can't get the taste of the baileys after I increased the amount), filled with homemade chocolate ganache for the filling & coating. Homemade buttercream + fresh cream + edible Arsenal designs & sugarpaste were used for the decoration.

My 1st attempt on the making of sugarpaste & it turned out to be a success! Very happy! From totally no clue & no guidance on the making of sugarpaste, it was another achievement for me to master this skill on my own. After this 1st attempt, now I know the tactics to get the sugarpaste moulded nicely & how long they will take to dry before I can use them.

What I love most is the soccer ball sponge cake. My 1st attempt to bake and mould the sponge cake into a half ball shape. Another great achievement of mine!

Very very very happy that the birthday boy & the guests like the cake & donuts on the cone. The guests crowded around the cake to take photos when I opened the cake box. All the time & efforts put in are really really worth it! =D 

Jiahao, Happy 21st Birthday To You! ^_^


Front view of the cake:
 
Side view of the cake (both sides having the same design):

Back view of the cake:

 
Top view of the cake:

 
I simply love the top photo shot of the "soccer ball", taken by my hubby. Didn't know I have managed to draw the outlines of the "soccer ball" so nice as I sketched the outlines free-hand before pipping the fresh cream & chocolate ganache on it :p
2-Tier Arsenal chocolate cake (cut), filled with many layers of homemade chocolate ganache. Thanks to my brother who cut the cake nicely for me to take the photo after all the guests are served with slice cakes.. Heehee..

Last but not least, really thanks my hubby to help me take some quick photos of this cake. I have no time for photo-taking as I am still busy decorating the cake at the very last minute before the delivery! And not to forget to thanks him for helping me to DIY the cake box again this time round. He did the box twice due to the wrong measurements given by me the 1st time. Sorry my dear :p

No time to weigh the cake but it is really heavy!
Cake size (bottom tier) = 11"
Cake size (top tier) = 9"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...