Pure Durian Snow Skin Mooncakes (18 Sep 10)




Happy Mid-Autumn / Lantern Festival

There is no recipe to be found for pure durian mooncakes. Hence, I thought of the possible ways to get the durian filling nicely wrapped in the snow skin with my own method. Glad that my method works well ^_^

However, I'm totally disappointed that every snow skin mooncakes I made, were so ugly. I just couldn't get the design moulded nicely on the snow skin, not even one piece.. Sad..

Somehow I feel that I am not really keen in making mooncakes afterall. Partly because I have to admit the fact that I am really not good at wrapping the snow skin mooncakes & I am also lousy in getting the design nicely moulded on the snow skin. My hubby did a much better job than me in the wrapping.

Anyway, I am still happy that so far the snow skin mooncakes that I have made or created in 2008 & 2010 are well-received by my families - from durian paste snow skin mooncakes, to cookies & cream cheese snow skin mooncakes, and lastly to this year pure durian snow skin mooncakes.

The first time I made snow skin mooncakes is in year 2008 (2 years ago). Never make any last year as I am just too lazy to make mooncakes.


Mooncakes taken out from the freezer for photo-takings. As you can see, there are still ice crystals on the snow skin. But my homemade snow skin, once taken out from the fridge, soften well in room temperature at a fast rate where you can enjoy the soft & chewy snow skin (like mochi) with the rich durian filling! ^_^
100% pure D24 durian used for the snow skin mooncakes. As you can see, very rich & generous pure durian filling is used for each mini snow skin mooncake ^_^


Updated on 19 Sep 2010
I am so happy today because my families enjoyed my pure durian snow skin mooncakes! Even my little nephew who don't usually eat durian, loves my D24 durian snow skin mooncake & he said mine is nicer than the Peony Jade "Cat Mountain" durian snow skin mooncakes that my brother has bought! Haha.. kid will never lie.. he enjoyed the snow skin & finished his share all by himself. And he is asking for more.. but sad to say, I only managed to make 18 mini durian mooncakes with more than 4kg of D24 durians bought from Geylang!

At least my effort got paid-off with good feedbacks.. This pure durian snow skin mooncakes are really well-received by my families, even though the snow skin are not nicely moulded. In fact, nobody bother about the design on the snow skin.. everyone simply just enjoyed the durian with the snow skin.. Haha..

This will be my last time making any dessert or pastries using durian as too much effort needed (from the buying of durians, to the making of the desserts / pastries). For my homemade durian desserts / pastries, I will only use good grade durians, either "Cat Mountain" or D24. I will never compromise with low grade durians. And I strictly used 100% pure durian for all my desserts / pastries, with no additional ingredient added. Hence the cost price for the durians alone, are always very high.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...