Mini Fresh Fruit Tarts Platter (06 & 07 Mar 10)



Mini Fresh Fruit Tarts Platter

Among all the pastries I have prepared for these 2 days, these fruit tarts platter received the most compliments! My sis-in-law even requested to pack some mini fruit tarts home.. Of course I am more than happy to let her the tarts pack home ^_^

I baked the tart crusts on the late evening of 06 March after I am done with the birthday cake and stored them in a tupperware overnight. Prepared the custard filling & cut the fresh mangoes on 07 March morning. My hubby helped me cut all the fresh strawberries and kiwis and opened a can of longan. With all the fruits ready, he helped me to pipe the custard filling into the tart crusts while I assembled the fruits nicely on the piped custard filling.

I chilled the tarts in the fridge for about an hour before sharing them with my family. They gave the home-baked tart crusts and home-made custard filling thumb-ups. The tart crusts are hard and nice when we ate them chilled. I used a more buttery butter for the crusts and I think it made the tart crusts taste nicer.

As for the custard filling, I motified the original receipe as I find it too sweet and thick. I added more milk to it to reduce the sweetness & thickness. Didn't measured how much milk I have added as I am rushing for time. I just add and taste till I get the right sweetness to my liking ^_^

All the fresh fruits add score to the fruit tarts too. I used mangoes, strawberries, kiwis and longan. The mangoes are so sweet after I left them in the kitchen for 1 day to ripe further.



Due to the good comments received, I decided to pack some for my in-laws and buddies to try my 1st attempt fruit tarts as I scare I can't make the same standard next time ;p

I am already planning what desserts and pastries to bake for my mom-in-law's birthday celebration in the coming month but definitely durian cake and fruit tarts platter will be in the list ^_^

For my buddies, not sure if it is due to the long journey from my home to the meet-up location and with the tarts no longer chilled as it have been taken out from the fridge for more than 3 hours before I offered them. The crusts have become soft, no longer hard and crispy. I ate 1 more tart before I left home (to taste if the standard still there before I'm going to share them with the rest) and it is still hard and nice. Who knows.. in the end.. my buddies still didn't get to taste the real taste of my freshly prepared fruit tarts. A bit disappointed but okay lah. I can still bake another round of fruit tarts platter for them next time during our gatherings (if they are still keen to eat my home-made pastries) ^_^

2 comments:

tracy said...

of cosh still keen!! haha.. dun disappointed lah the pastries still taste very nice! how u bake the base ah?? i also wanna learn :)

Adeline Tan said...

Tracy, okok.. see when you free, I can guide you on the baking of the tart crust ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...