Sugarpaste Alphabets (18 & 19 Apr 12)




Happy 1st Birthday Jovan

My friend asked me to help her make some alphabets decoration for her son, Jovan's birthday cake. I agreed without hesitation since my schedule allows me to help her out ^_^

She emailed me a few cake photos of the designs she wanted, so I just need to come out with what she has in mind - Happy Birthday in green, 1st in red, Jovan in blue with yellow stars on sticks, 6x small presents (photos uploaded in my next post) & 1x big blue star. I only have 2 sizes of the star cutters (small & medium size), so I'm only able to make a medium size blue star. I made additional 2x small yellow stars for her.

Suddenly I thought of this while I'm typing this post now.. how come I never thought of using a knife to cut out the star shape to make a big star? I don't have to rely on cutter for a star! Aiya.. blur me! I were sick for 1 whole week, down with flu & only fully recovered before I start making these decoration.. Somehow my brain was still not functioning well during the making of these fondant decoration, so I never thought of this idea at that time. Sigh..

I redo the Jovan as I find the first set too baby blue. So I made another set in medium blue. I made a mistake on the colour for the "st" too, so I redo one more set in red. What am I doing? Made so many mistakes! @_@

Anyway, each fondant decoration are nicely placed on baking papers & packed in a box, before passing it to her 2 days before the birthday party as I am unable to attend the party. Passed her all the decorations I have made (including the mistake ones), in case she might need them. I have no use for them anyway ^_^

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...