Kid 3D Car Cake (25 Apr 09)



Happy Birthday To Our Little Prince Kevin

My nephew is a super car lover! So naturally he will request for a car cake for his birthday. He placed his order for his birthday cake since last year after he saw the chocolate delight cheese cake I baked for my hubby. Actually he requested for the same chocolate delight cheese cake but later changed to car cake when I told him I can make one for him. He is so excited over it ^_^

I did not want to invest my money in buying a car cake mould as I doubt I will bake another round of car cake. So I make use of my existing baking pans to make into a 3D car shape for the birthday cake. It's much more fun to be creative and make use of the existing baking tools that I have in hands ^_^

I used orea cookies as wheels, sour candies for the bumpers, chocolate bars for the car plates, mentol candies for the head lights & rear lights. This is afterall a kid car cake, so I think making use of candies & chocolates will cheer up the kids.. My hubby suggested to do away with the car doors as he feel that the current deco without the doors is fine. So I accepted his suggestion.

This car cake is very ugly right? I must admit that this car cake is too plain and not nicely done although I find it quite cute. Hope my family won't faint when they see this cake tomorrow. But for kids, they are usually easily contented, so I hope that my nephew will still like this car cake that I have baked specially for him..

For the internal of the cake, I spreaded fresh cream & strawberries from korea in between the sponge cakes.

Side view of the car cake:

Front view of the car cake:

Back view of the car cake:

Top view of the car cake:

Side view of the car cake:

Oops! Half of the car body is gone! Heehee..


Actually there are also strawberries on the top but cannot be seen when cut. Luckily the bottom part can see the cut strawberries ^_^

Finally my 3rd brother gave me thumb up for this cake!!! He say it is nice! Yeah!!! Must give credit to the fresh cream for this cake. Feedbacks from my family are good.

My nephew loves this cake. He is so excited and happy when he sees this car cake. My youngest niece likes this cake too as she ate 2 big pieces! She never ate 2 pieces of the cakes I have baked so far, even for her own birthday cake! All the candies, chocolates & cookies are finished up by my nephew & nieces, evenly distributed among the young ones ^_^

Happy 5th Birthday Kevin! Stay healthy & happy always! Xiao gu gu loves you so much ^_^

Finally done with all the cake orders for April. Relieved! ^_^

1 comment:

fl said...

As always, I am proud of my wife's bakery works - including this small little car cake.

She was afraid that the car might look too plain, but I thought it was just alright.

By the way, it tasted good too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...