Durian Paste Snow Skin Mooncakes (05 Sep 08)



Pure Durian Paste Snow Skin Mooncakes

It's lantern festival again! Actually I wanted to try & make those deep fry crispy yam mooncakes this year. But my mom requested me to make durian mooncakes.. so I decided to change my plan to make durian snow skin mooncakes instead.

My hubby is very enthusiastic over the making of the durian mooncakes for our families as both our families are durian lovers. This is our 1st attempt with totally no knowledge on the making of mooncakes.. time to have fun together again ya! ^_^

I decided to start with mini snow skin mooncakes this year. Next year then try making baked & fried mooncakes. Maybe will try making my own lotus paste too..

As I don't like to buy those ready-made filling paste, hence everything are hand made by me & my hubby - from the making of snow skin to the making of durian paste.

The making of the durian paste required a lot of effort. Very tiring frying the durian together with the necessary ingredients. Hand ache for me. My hubby did most of the frying of the paste as he got more strength than me ;p

Actually I wanted to use pure durian flesh for the snow skin mooncakes but after much discussion with my hubby, we decided to try making durian paste (like those lotus paste) for the mooncakes for this time round instead.

The durian paste is made using pure durian flesh, so it is 100% authentic pure durian paste. It is exactly the taste & texture of those liu lian gao.. now we know how liu lian gao is made.. haha =D
If you like to eat liu lian gao, then you will appreciate these mooncakes..

Snow skin - soft & chewy.
Durian paste - pure & authentic durian filling with sweetness just right.

Add Image



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...