Strawberry Cake (15 Oct 11)




Strawberry Cake

Specially baked for my brother as strawberries are in season now! ^_^
Baked a big cake again this time round so that I can share with both families.
Almost 1 year since my last bake of this cake. This time round, I used only fresh strawberries for the cake. No other fruit used.

Personally I like the texture of the cake for this batch as I find it soft & of course I love the strawberry aroma.. BUT I don't know why the strawberries are still soooooo sour after baked for this batch! Normally I will use sour strawberries (from USA) to bake this kind of fruit cake as the sour taste of the strawberries will usually "disappear" after baked & it blended very well with the cake.. Maybe because I used Australia strawberries instead of USA strawberries this time round? Maybe because I decided not to dust any icing sugar on the cake this time round? Hmmm... Maybe..

Anyway, when I saw the expression of my brother after eating the sour strawberries, I was so shocked! The strawberries so sour this time round meh? Then I ate one slice and indeed.. they are very sour! Anyway, overall I really like this batch as compared to the previous batches.. I ate quite a few slices this time round.. Heehee..

My young nephew like this cake too but without strawberries as he doesn't like strawberries.. He said "yum yum" after one bite and ended up eating 3 slices (2 slices before dinner & 1 slice after dinner). He asked me where I bought this cake and I told him I baked it! He started to ask me "really? How come you know how to bake this?.. etc" He's so cute.. Haha.. I am so happy whenever my family members like my bakes.. Next time I will bake this fruit cake with his favourite mangoes ^_^

It is always good to bake some sweet treats with fresh fruits for the natural sweetness and also to balance out the diet.. eating too much pastries is definitely not healthy.. but at least fresh fruits are good for health :p

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...