Lemon Yoghurt Scone Cake (26 Apr 12)




Sweet & Sour Combination

I want to clear the yoghurt in my fridge, so last week, I went to search my recipe books for cake recipes that use yoghurt. 

Found this lemon yogurt cupcakes recipe adapted from Donna Hay's recipe for Lime & Yoghurt Loaf Cake. I decided to bake this as I find the steps very easy to follow, without the need to use the mixer. By the way, TLC was showing Donna Hay's lemon yoghurt cake yesterday! The method is exactly the same as this lemon yoghurt cake. Difference on the amount of ingredients used only. After watching it, I am getting more tempted to try out this recipe! ^_^

Instead of using cupcakes, I decided to bake it in a cake pan. I named it lemon yoghurt pound cake as it has the pound cake soft texture. It has a little crispy texture on the outside. This cake is full of luscious lemon flavour. A cake with sweet & sour combination. Very appetizing cake. I just had 2 slices for my teabreak ;p

The next morning, I re-baked 2 slices of this cake in the oven to heat them up for breakfast with my hubby. The cake is even more crispy on the outside & so soft & moist on the inside. Texture is like scone cakes. Now I would prefer to name it lemon yoghurt scone cake ^_^

I'm never interested in making scone cake as I have tried scone cake before during buffet dinner from one of the hotels. The texture of the cake is so dry. Definitely not to my liking. Therefore, I cannot appreciate those scone recipes with the so-called biscuit texture on the outside but cake texture on the inside. 

But now, after tasting this cake, I started to love this kind of texture! 
一种蛋糕,两种口感。


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...