Pineapple Tarts (11 Feb 10)



Pineapple Tarts (11 February 2010)

Have been struggling whether to bake CNY goodies this year for the past 2 weeks. Very much wanted to bake as my mom-in-law loves my pineapple tarts. Promised my sister-in-laws that I will bake for them this year but spring cleaning & CNY preparation have really tire me out badly. So when I'm almost done with the spring cleaning, I finally decided that I have to give baking a miss this year for CNY as I really really need a good rest for a few days before CNY.

However, my hubby has been hoping that I will bake pineapple tarts again this year. He wanted me to rest but at the same time, hoping that I can spare some times to bake some pineapple tarts for CNY. Same mixed feeling as mine.. I hope to bake but hope to rest too! @_@

So in order not to disappoint him, I decided to take half day leave from work today to bake some pineapple tarts. Went to buy all the necessary ingredients after work. Quite a few ingredients (e.g. flour, sugar) are sold out in stores due to the festive season. Didn't manage to buy the butter as the ones that I want are sold out. Luckily I usually stocked up 1 or 2 butters at home for emergency (in time when I suddenly have the urge to bake, I have most of the ingredients at home and can start baking straightaway).

I went to a few supermarkets before I managed to get all the remaining ingredients. Super tiring as the ingredients are so heavy! Imagine taking a few buses and trains with all the heavy stuffs in hands @_@

I did not bake immediately after I reached home. I had my lunch in a relax pace, then took a 2 hours nap before I really get geared up for the baking session. I am really super tired! But all the effort and time spent are worth it, after seeing my hubby's happy face when he saw the pineapple tarts on the cooling trays ^_^

Only managed to bake 4 bottles of pineapple tarts due to the lack of butter. So can't keep my promise to my sister-in-laws. Really sorry!! There are not enough butter to make more pastry dough. You all eat the pineapple tarts at mom's home or our home ok?

Same as last year, 1 bottle of the pineapple tarts will be given to my parents, 1 bottle to my mom-in-law who is always so supportive in trying out the pastries and food that I have baked and cooked so far and 1 bottle for my hubby. The last bottle, a gift for someone! ^_^

Happy Lunar New Year everyone!
Gong Xi Fa Cai!
Huat ah! ^_^










1 comment:

tracy said...

waaaa looks delicious! too bad got no chance to try! hehe..:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...