Horlicks Doggies Cookies (09 May 09)



Cutie Doggies Cookies With Expressions

Decided to bake some cute cookies this weekend. I have shortlisted a few type of cookies to bake & these horlicks doggies cookies are one of them. I thought I will get these doggies cookies done within 1-2 hours but in the end, I spent a few hours doing it.

Suddenly the idea of adding some expression to the doggies cookies came to my mind while I am moulding the dough (never see any baker made this doggies cookies with expression before). Hence, I decided to be more creative & added different expression to these doggies cookies.. Oooo.. I find them really cute with all kinds of expression! ^_^

These horlicks cookies are not really sweet as no sugar is added. Horlicks itself contains malted milk, so the slight sweetness came from the original flavour. However, the semi-sweet chocolates used, added some sweetness to the cookies when you bite on them ^_^
My youngest niece, as usual being my supporter, loves these cute doggies cookies. However, cookies are heaty, hence I only allowed her to eat a few pieces of these cookies as I have baked some Sanrio butter cookies too.

These doggies are shared among my 2 families. As promised, I have kept some for some of my colleagues too.

I left these doggies in the kitchen when I went to my parents' home on Sunday. My dad saw it and asked me if I have baked these piggy cookies? Oh my god! I told my dad they are doggies cookies!! Do they look like piggies more than doggies? Think I got to improve my skill.. Haha.. 

Well, I did think of baking some piggy cookies using my own recipe (not using horlicks). Wanted to try out if the recipe I thought of, will produce nice cookies or not. But I don't have enough time to bake more on this weekend. Will bake some next time when I have the mood to bake more cookies.

Cookies cooling on the rack after the sauna session in the hot oven:

I love the 1st 2 doggies at the 2nd row. My hubby say they are the only 3D & rounded 2D doggies that I have made. The rest are 2D with flatten faces.. He finds these 2 doggies the cutest too, with a smiling face ^_^

After baking - happy doggy:

After baking - sad doggy:

After baking - 3D happy doggy (my favourite doggy):

Enjoy these cute doggies cookies with a cup of tea / coffee / hot chocolate for tea break.. perfect! ^_^


2 comments:

tracy said...

hahaha! these are soooo cute! :) bet they taste as good as they look :D

it reminds me of gromit the dog in wallace and gromit! u got ur inspiration frm there?hee...

Charmaine said...

Hi! Me again!

These cookies are soooo cute!!

Next time, make bear, cat or hamster cookies!

Charmaine
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...