Mini 2-Tier Precious Moment Basketball Chocolate Cake (01 Oct 11)




Shoot For Your Dream

Happy Birthday Cindy.. Shoot for your dream! ^_^

Hope you & your colleagues enjoyed this mini 2-tier cake, specially ordered by Evelyn for your birthday celebration.

This is a super cute mini 2-tier chocolate cake!
My 1st time baking such a small 2-tier cake & I simply loving it! ^_^Bottom tier is 13.5cm, top tier is 11.5cm, height is 10cm.

Small 2-tier cake order from Evelyn for her colleague's birthday celebration. She requested for a super small 2-tier basketball theme chocolate cake, with "Shoot for your dream" wordings on the cake. The basketball precious moment figurine is provided by her.

Based on the picture of the figurine she emailed me, I decided on the blue colour theme for the chocolate cake. A few designs have run through my mind once the ordered is confirmed. Due to the last minute order, I do not have much time to plan and sketch out the design. As the 2-tier cake is really small, I don't want to overload it with too many designs. Hence I make it as simple as possible.

Using sugarpaste, I made the "Happy Birthday" banner & a white base for the figurine (so as not to dirty the figurine with the chocolate ganache on the cake).

Sugarpaste cannot be placed in the fridge, so I couldn't decorate the sugarpaste on the cake before the cake collection. Therefore, I roughly drew out a small instruction sheet for Evelyn, to guide her exactly where to decorate & place the sugarpastes on the top tier.

So happy to know that my Evelyn, birthday gal & her colleagues like this mini 2-tier cake. Very thankful to her for updating me on the status and also MMS me a photo of the cake with all the decoration put up.



Once again, Evelyn.. thanks for the cake order & the photos! ^_^

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...