Hello Kitty Snake Horoscope Cake (23 Jan 09)



Happy Birthday To Our Lovely Princess, Belinda

We will be celebrating my youngest niece 7 years old birthday this year during our reunion dinner. So happy!! ^_^

My niece told me she wanted to have a Hello Kitty cake for her Birthday after she saw the My Melody cake that I baked for Demelza previously, from my blog.

I wanted to bake a sweet looking Hello Kitty cake for her. I did some searching of Hello Kitty pictures from the internet. Finally decided to draw a snake horoscope Hello Kitty using chocolates since she is borned in the year of snake ^_^

I baked 2 batches of sponge cakes - 1st batch with pink colouring & 2nd batch with the original dough without any colouring. The inner of the cake is spreaded with 2 layers of rich cookies & cream cheese frosting. The outer of the cake is then spreaded with fresh cream & decorated with fresh strawberries from Korea. The flowers & leaves along the 4 sides of the cake are drew using chocolates.

This cake weighed more than 1kg! Forgot to weigh it but I think it is about 2-3kg. This is the biggest cake I have baked so far & I believed this will be the 1st & last time I will bake such a big cake. Too big for my fridge & too heavy to bring out ;p

Happy 7th Birthday Belinda! Stay adorable & happy always ^_^
I love you so much!!! Hope you like this cake which I have especially baked for you!





Forgot to take the photos of the inner portion of the cake during cake cutting. Luckily still have extra left to take photo on the next day.

Below is how the inner portion of the cake looks like:


Well, this cake is too moist & filling. Super full after finishing it, especially after our big feast - reunion dinner!

I am thinking of taking some cake baking courses to enhance my cake baking skills. There are still a lot for me to learn. Although I did a lot of research on cakes & bought a few recipe books to try out on my own but I think it is still better to get more knowledges from the professional bakers.

But for now.. I just wanted to take a break after all the baking sessions of CNY goodies & birthday cake for my niece.

3 months break & I have to start my engine again for my youngest nephew & eldest niece's birthday cakes. They have already placed their orders for their birthday cake designs!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...