Strawberry & Mango Cake (29 May 10)




Strawberry, Mango, Chocolate

A simple small cake with simple design.

This is my 1st time making the chocolate coating design for the cake. Saw this kind of cake design from cake shops and I am tempted to try it out.

Did it in the very last minute & got it done within 20mins. Hence, it is not really nicely done. But after this attempt, I think decorating the cake with this kind of chocolate design, makes the cake very beautiful!

I used super sweet fresh honey mango cubes for the filling! Generously given by my dearest Dad.. He gave me a lot of mangoes recently! Cake is covered with fresh cream & decorated with fresh strawberries.

Don't be deceived by the appearances of these bright red fresh strawberries! I bought a pack as I thought they are real sweet due to the vivid red colour. But to my disappointment, they are actually super sour!

Learnt my lesson - Never buy USA strawberries. Korea strawberries are the best choice! This is my 1st time buying USA strawberries & it will be my last time too!

Other than the sour strawberries, this cake is nice. Sponge cake is very soft & mango is sweet. I always love the natural sweetness from the fruits ^_^



2 comments:

jex said...

Hi 小姨, Jia Xuan here! Nice blog you have ^^ everything looks delicious XD keep the blog going!

Adeline Tan said...

Jia xuan, what a surprise ^_^
Thanks for visiting my blog. Glad that you started blogging again. I miss your old blog. Have been going to your blog last time before you closed it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...