Christmas Mango Log Cake (23 Dec 08)



Merry Christmas 2008

Hohoho... it's Christmas Season again!
We will be having Christmas Pot Luck Celebrations with both our families on Christmas Eve & Christmas Day respectively.

How can X'mas celebrations lack of Christmas log cakes right? Hee..
It's time for my log cakes baking session for both our families!
I have never bake swiss roll before and now the challenge comes.. I have to bake swiss rolls!

I decided to bake mango log cakes with fresh cream, inspired by the mango log cake I saw from one of the bakery shops ^_^

Cooling the freshly baked sponge cake on the rack:


Swiss roll spreaded with fresh cream & fresh mangos (inspired by the mango log cake I saw from one of the bakery shops) :


Swiss roll is spreaded with another layer of fresh cream for the snow field effect:




Christmas Mango Log Cake on 24 Dec 2008

Log cake decorated with christmas decoration:

Santa Claus playing on the snow field.. Haha..


Frosty The Snowman, covered with "snow" (decorated by my hubby)


My family commented that the swiss roll is not moist enough.. too dry.. Disappointed.. 1st attempt failed : (

Will look for another swiss roll recipe from professional recipe books and bake a few more round of swiss rolls next time in order to improve on the cake texture. Hopefully next year I can bake a more yummy Christmas log cake ^_^



Christmas Mango Log Cake on 25 Dec 08

My niece helped me with the christmas decoration on the log cake (nicer than what I have decorated for the log cake on 23 Dec 08):




Nice shot taken by my hubby


Mango Log Cake (cut into half)



My in-laws also agreed that the log cake is not moist enough.
Will definitely put in effort to improve on this area.

Anyway, both log cakes are finished up on both Christmas Eve & Christmas Day respectively. No wastage ^_^


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...