Adeline's Self Creation Chocolate Cake (07 May 10)




My New Creation

This is another successful cake out of my own creation! Haven't thought of a good name for this cake, so tentatively, I named it "Adeline's Self Creation Chocolate Cake" ^_^

The chocolate ganache is different from the one that I have prepared previously. This time round, I created my own high calcium chocolate ganache & chocolate filling. I decided on the ingredients and the amount of each ingredients to use before I started with the experiment ^_^

I tasted the chocolate ganache & chocolate filling till I get the right sweetness and texture I desired.

Feedback from the rest, overall sweetness of this cake is just nice, not too sweet. Chocolate sponge cake is soft. Combination is good. But I think the aromatic taste of the coffee liquer is too mild to be detected by those who don't drink liquor. 

The chocolate filling is not just chocolate. My hubby keep asking me what did I add to the filling.. but I am not going to tell him.. Heehee.. prefer to keep him wonder and guess what ingredients are used to make the chocolate filling. If he guessed it right, I will be more than glad to share with him ^_^

Of course this chocolate cake is not perfect. It can be further improved for a even better taste.. like adding chocolate chips to the sponge cake instead (as suggested by my hubby), adding some nuts to the filling for a different texture, having a stronger liquer taste (for those who like liquer cake), etc..




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would say that this is one outstanding cake among the rest that were made.

Not too sweet or too "chocolatey", can have few pieces at one go.

Wife's baking skills has definitely reached another level.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...