Christmas Cupcakes (14 December 2008)



Christmas Cupcakes 2008

My future sister-in-law has requested me to help her bake 8 x boxes of Christmas cupcakes for her friends. Each box to be packed with 6 cupcakes. Appreciate her confdence in my cupcakes ^_^

In order not to sacrifice my family time with my precious parents and siblings, due to any baking session.. my sister suggested to come to my home sweet home for gathering, while I can go ahead and do my baking in the kitchen.. Good idea.. in that case, I don't need to take leave on weekdays to bake ^_^

My hubby helped a lot from the DIYing the boxes, to the the dividers for the cupcakes. He spent the whole Saturday to DIY the things for us & also helped us on the exact day as well.. really appreciated his help..

I have prepared the buttercream the night before and baked 2x batches of cupcakes early in the morning, so that when they come in the afternoon, I can start with the decoration (as the decoration is one of the most time-consuming parts).

My hubby & siblings took turns to accompany my dad to play mahjong, while my 3rd sis-in-law, my future 4th sis-in-law, my niece and I are busy decorating the cupcakes. My mom sat beside us and watched us decorating the cupcakes. My 3rd & 4th brothers came and disturbed their wifes once in a while.. Haha...

Most of the decoration are done by my future sister-in-law. She did a lot of research on Christmas designs and put in a lot of efforts in the decoration. Same goes for my 3rd sis-in-law, she helped a lot in the decoration. My niece also did a great job in designing a few cupcakes and helped to enhance the designs with the decorative candies. I believe it is a very good experience for them to get the hands-on on the pipping after some simply guidance from me ^_^

Our fruits of labour - 48 decorated cupcakes

1st batch of cupcakes - vanilla flavour
2nd batch of cupcakes - vanilla + Hershey's chocolate chip flavour
Santa Claus Cupcake - Vanilla Flavour
(one of the few decoration done by me)

Frosting The Snowman Cupcake - Chocolate Chip Flavour
(one of the few decoration done by me)
Cupcakes packed in each individual packaging
Ready for my future sister-in-law to bring home & sealed the box with ribbons before giving them out

Merry Christmas to her friends! Hope they enjoy the cupcakes..
After my family left.. I have a lot of washing & cleaning to do again @_@

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...