Mini Baked Mango Donuts (15 Jul 09)



Mini Baked Mango Donuts with Mango Frosting

I have promised to bake some mini donuts for my lovely niece, Charmaine. So shall keep my promise today! ^_^

Since my 1st bake on mini donuts last year, I have been thinking of a lot of different flavour recipes for baked donuts. But somehow, I am just too lazy to bake donuts. At least now I am motivated to bake some donuts due to my promise to my niece ;p

Decided to try something different - mango donuts! Sound weird?? Actually it is just the mango cake in donut shape.. that's all ^_^

I always love to explore my own recipes.. so decided to play with the ingredients today to create my own Mango frosting for these donuts! The taste of this mango frosting is a bit sour. Not sure if my niece, hubby & in-laws can accept the combination - sweet donut with sour frosting... hmmm..

I added some colourful candies onto the frosting for one of the mini donuts and the colours of the candies started to run. Conclusion - not a good choice to add the colourful candies to this "wet" frosting. So for the rest of the donuts, I only frosted them with the mango frosting.

I love the coating of the mango frosting on the donuts.. find it very nice.. hee..

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...