Longan Red Dates Tea (10 Apr 09)



Longing for Hot Dates

Longan red dates tea helps revitalise general health and it is known to nourish the blood. Drink as often as you like. Drink it while hot & it's simply delicious!

I have tried using both the slow cooker & cooking pot to make the tea respectively. I find that this longan red dates tea is much sweeter and nicer when boil & simmer in the pot.

If you are using the pot to prepare this tea, put all ingredients in the pot and bring to boil. When you see the ingredients start to dance happily in the boiling water, it is time for you to lower the fire and let it simmer for another 30-60 mins with lid 3/4 covered.

The benefit of using the slow cooker is that it is convenience where you don't need to watch over the fire. And you'll be able to enjoy this tea as and when you want, and it will always be pipping hot. Sometimes I leave it to simmer / keep warm in the slow cooker overnight so that I can enjoy it the next day ^_^

Note: Remember to remove the red dates seeds or you can buy those red dates without seeds. Wash the red dates to remove any dirt in between the wrinkled skin & rinse the dried longan before you boil them. You may also want to add some ginger slices & "dangshen" to the tea. I did not add these 2 ingredients as they are too heaty for me.



More longan red dates tea on 11 Apr 09. Oh no.. I'm hooked to this tea as I simply love it! Now I make some to drink whenever I have craving for it.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...