Baby Tigger 2-Tier Cake (10 Nov 2011)




It's Party Time For Jayden

A 2-tier cake for a tiger year boy's 1st birthday celebration.
Top tier is rainbow sponge cake & bottom tier is chocolate cake with layers of chocolate ganache.

I molded the 3D baby Tigger figurine out of my homemade sugarpaste. All the front decorations are made of sugarpaste. I hand drew the 2D Winnie The Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore & Tigger, flowers, leaves, bees, candies & cupcakes figurines using chocolate. The stars are made of chocolate as well. All the decorations are edible. 

This is my 1st attempt to mold a 3D figurine. I'm stuck for an hour when trying to mold the head. Looking at the molded body & don't know what to do when I keep failing to mold the head to the correct shape. Never expect it is so difficult to mold a 3D figurine. It is even worse when I don't have a 3D Tigger Toy in front of me as a reference! >.<

I spent 5 hours just to mold the whole Tigger & putting on the details. Although it is not perfect, but I do love this baby Tigger very much! Really can't bear to give it away. Finally I have did what I have always wanted to try - to mold a 3D figurine using sugarpaste or fondant! So happy! =D 
 
Happy Birthday Jayden! Wish you a very happy birthday.. Stay healthy & cheerful always ^_^






Handmade 3D baby tigger figurine using homemade fondant. 
This is my 1st attempt to mold a 3D figurine. I'm stuck for an hour when trying to mold the head. Total spent 5 hours just to mold the whole tigger. 

Conclusion: It is really really not easy to mold a 3D figurine, especially when you don't have any 3D toy for reference @_@

Although this baby tigger figurine is not perfect, but I do love it very much ^_^
Can't bear to give it away..


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...