My Melody Rainbow Cake (19 Apr 09)



Happy Birthday To Our Pretty Princess Peiyi

Due to the unsuccessful attempt for the ice-cream cake, I quickly baked this cake at the very last minute in the morning before my family reached my home as I don't want to disappoint my niece. Stress!!!

Surprisely I got this cake ready within 3 hours. Started preparing at 11am and got it decorated by ~2pm. Normally I will spend 1 whole day to bake and decorate the cake (as I always spend a lot of time thinking of the decoration). But this time round, I break my record! Hee..

My niece like the rainbow cake I baked previously, so I decided to spend some effort to make the rainbow cake for her. Cake is coated with chocolate ganache & decorated with My Melody chocolate & fresh strawberries from Korea.

My niece requested forMy Melody cake as it is her favourite character (mine too)! So I made the My Melody chocolate using white chocolate, with the help of the My Melody mould. Very cute right? She love it! Even my hubby & sis-in-law said that the Melody chocolate is cute (although I know it is not nicely done).

This is my 1st attempt to prepare chocolate ganache & seriously I like the taste & texture. Even my 3rd brother who always have high expectation for my pastries, praised that the chocolate ganache is nice. My 2nd brother finished his share of cake and he said the chocolate ganache is nice too! Forgot to ask my eldest brother & 4th brother for their comments for this cake!! My sis-in-laws always eat what I baked and cooked with no complaint and they always give me valuable feedbacks and comments for me to improve further.

As usual, my dad always give me good comments for my pastries & dishes. My mommy and sister didn't eat the cake as they never like chocolate but they ate the mini rainbow cupcakes. My mom ate quite a few rainbow cupcakes ^_^

Peiyi, hope you like this birthday cake. Although it is a simple cake, it is definitely filled with a lot of my love & blessings for you! Sweet 13th Birthday! ^_^

And hope all your exams and tests will pass with flying colours, like this rainbow cake.








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...