Non Alcoholic Tiramisu Cuppies (07 Mar 10)



Non Alcoholic Tiramisu Cuppies

In fact 80%-90% of this tiramisu cuppies are prepared by my niece. She voluntered to help me out. So I just passed her the tiramisu recipe and asked her to follow the instructions. I am busy doing all the washing while she is preparing this dessert for the family ^_^

I used the sponge cake I baked instead of using sponge fingers for this tiramisu. Preferred to prepare mini size pastries for the family, so decided to make this tiramisu in small cups. Easier to eat with no mess too.

I asked my niece to soak the sponge cake into the coffee syrup before layering with the cream cheese mixture. Not sure if it is because we started to eat the tiramisu only 1 hour after putting them in the fridge.. the sponge cakes are too wet with the coffee syrup. Are we suppose to make the tiramisu 1 day in advance to allow the coffee syrup to set "dry up" in the sponge cake in the fridge? I shall try out another tiramisu today (after letting it set in the fridge for 1 day) and see if the taste is better (with sponge cake not so wet). Shall update again.

Although this tiramisu is not very popular among the family members as none of us are a fan of tiramisu - some don't take cheese, so don't take coffee with milk. But for those who tried this, all our comments are about the same, sponge cakes are too wet.. My brother commented the tiramisu is a bit too sweet. I think it is the coffee syrup that is sweet as I ate the sponge cake with coffee syrup alone (2 days later), I find it sweet too! Will reduce the sugar content for the coffee syrup next time.

With the children around, I decided to do away with the kahlua liqueur for these tiramisu cuppies. This is one of the reasons why these non alcoholic tiramisu cuppies didn't manage to bring out the real taste of tiramisu!

Overall to me, I like this tiramisu, especially the cream cheese mixture. I really love it.. I ate the remaining the cream cheese mixture by its own.. Haha.. Most importantly, these tiramisu cuppies are made with the help of my niece ^_^

Updates:

09 Mar 10 - The sponge cake is still too wet when I ate it 2 days later : ( Think next time I will not soak the sponge cake into the coffee syrup. Will just pour some syrup onto the sponge cake to make it slightly moist. Hope I can make a more successful tiramisu for the next attempt..

11 Mar 10 - My mom-in-law said this tiramisu is an ice-cream! ^_^ She placed it in the freezer before eating it and she said it's nice. So my hubby & I tried doing the same too.. Hee.. The sponge cakes are still moist but not so wet already (due to the coffee syrup) and the cream cheese mixture is more firm. To me, there is not much different but my hubby said it is nicer as it is so much colder and the sponge cake is not so wet..

1 comment:

tracy said...

i find it difficult to control the cake frm soaking the syrup. maybe nxt time try sprinkle on it little bit instead of soaking. tiramisu definitely will taste better after overnite or few hours :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...