Fruitti Cake (27 August 2010)




This Cake Caught My Brother's Liking

Due to my sudden craze for cake today at 8pm, I decided to bake a cake that is really easy, so that I won't tire myself out. I still have strawberries & blueberries in my fridge, so it is a good chance to bake a simple fruit cake. Out of fun, I have cut the strawberries into heart shapes ^_^

My home sweet home is filled with lovely strawberry aroma when the cake is "sauna-ing" in the oven. Really nice aroma.. I simply love it! ^_^

Due to last minute decision to bake this fruitti cake, I did not sufficient time to dry the fruits completely after washing them. Quite disappointed that the cake don't turn out nice & the fruits "bleeded" pretty badly. Luckily the icing sugar helps to cover some of the ugly areas. My humorous hubby asked me this question why he saw the freshly baked cake out from the oven: "Why are the fruits crying?" Faint! Haha..

With some motification made to the original recipe, my hubby & I find the sweetness for this cake just nice & it is soft & moist. Surprisingly, the sour strawberries goes well with this cake. The strawberry aroma of this cake smells so heavenly nice that it will tempt you to eat a slice!

However, personally I don't really fancy this fruitti cake. The cake texture is like "fa gao". To me, if without the fruits, it tasted exactly like fa gao.

With this round of experience, I'm sure I will be able to make a more beautiful frutti cake for my 2nd attempt. However, I don't think I will bake this fruitti cake again unless my families like it & want me to bake for them.
 



Update on 29 Aug 2010
My families like this fruitti cake, especially my 3rd brother. Finally one of my pastries managed to capture his liking.. Haha.. he automatically asked me for a 2nd slice which he never did before.. Ooohhh.. I am so happy! And he told me he is going to finish the remaining slices of cake for supper tonight! This fruitti cake is really his cup of tea! Haha.. I told him I will bake more for him since he likes this fruitti cake & he told me my next fruitti cake must have the same standard as this one.. Ooooo.. noted! ^_^

As usual my niece who is one of my biggest fans for my pastries, ate a few slices in the morning & during tea break ^_^

Hmmm... surprisingly, nobody complain about the ugly appearance of this fruitti cake. My niece commented that the combination of the sour strawberries really go well with the sweetness of this cake.

I ate a few slices this morning & have another slice during tea break. I find the cake more moist today, as compared to when freshly baked. And beside feeling that the cake is like fa gao.. today after eating a few more slices, I also feel that it tasted a bit like Sara Lee cake, which my 3rd brother agreed. Haha..

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...