Rectangle & Square Sponge Cakes (05 Aug 10)




Sponge Cakes

Super tired after baking 3 batches of sponge cakes - 1 small rectangle & 2 big square sponge cakes (for a 2-tier cake). Reasons for baking so many batches - I underestimated the batter needed for the big square pan and most important is my current mixer is not big enough for the amount of batter needed to bake a big square sponge cake. So no choice but to bake 2 batches of the big square sponge cakes.

My hubby going to buy a big mixer for me soon.. so next time I can bake a big square cake in a single batch ^_^

1st time to bake such a big square cake using the light sponge cake recipe. So I am very caution in estimating the baking time. Different cake recipes required different oven temperature & baking time. Sizes of the cake pan will affect the baking time too. With no one to seek advice from, I can only gauge the baking time for the big sponge cakes based on my experience.

Because of these big square sponge cakes, I have purchased a long knife (for baking purpose) in order to cut each sponge cakes neatly into half. Although the knife is not cheap, but I think this is a very good investment as it is so much easier to half the sponge cake now! ^_^


1 comment:

tracy said...

waaa very goooood ah ur hubby hehe.. next time go ur hse can admire ur new mixer and hopefully some sameple pastries? :P ur cake very nice lah! Gal,ur worry was a unnecessary dun give urself too much stress. we all loveee ur cake! yummmy..:D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...